Thursday, May 25, 2006

Delft on Vermeer's Point of View

Johannes Vermeer, one of most famous Dutch painter, was born and grew up in Delft, Netherlands, in the Dutch Golden Age (around 17th centuries). And for that reason his paintings mostly reflected life of the city of Delft,
It has been for centuries people forgot about his brilliant masterpiece. Until in the beginning of this century people considered his collection as one of the greatest painting in the world history.
This picture is one of Vermeer most famous paintings, called "View of Delft"



View of Delft by Vermeer
Location: Mauritshuis, The Hague, The Netherlands
Oil on Canvas - 39" x 46" (98 x 118 cm)Year: 1658 - 1660

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from down under in NEW ZEALAND. You have some really great photos. Can I add your blog to my blog Around The World In 80 Blogs

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ekin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ekin said...

Hoi,

Delft looks great. Last month, I was there just for 15 minutes in the night. I didn't see much, it was actually dark. The only thing I remember is Nieuwe Kerk, which I'm not even sure if that's the church I saw. I gotta pay a visit to Delft if I go to the Netherlands again. :)

Doei..

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home